Hot tubs are an oasis of enjoyment and relaxation with many therapeutic benefits which will give owners many years of good service when looked after properly. As with many products potential risks can arise, particularly if a product is misused or neglected, but there are a number of simple steps that can be taken to ensure your hot tub or swim spa is kept safe, both when in use and when it is empty
Using Your Hot Tub Safely
THE HEALTH SPA : WHY PUT OFF FEELING FABULOUS?
Hottubs are made for carefree relaxation and offer a break from the stresses and strains of everyday life. They soothe the body, help the mind to unwind, and offer a sanctuary from the busy day. With a Hottub, you add more luxury and enjoyment to your precious leisure time – time which will rejuvenate and re-energise you for the challenges ahead. Spoil your body with a healing and invigorating massage that can be adapted to your specific needs thanks to systematically arranged jets and a range of different settings and programs. Atmospheric underwater LED lighting will also help you to unwind, turning your spa into a pool of beautiful colours. When the experience of massage, light and colour is combined with the sweet aromas of fine fragrances your Hottub will truly offer an oasis of relaxation for all the senses. With a Hottub, you can enjoy relaxing in style – anytime, anywhere you choose.
Hot Tub Maintenance : Keep your hot tub clean and healthy
To keep clean, a hot tub needs quality and the correct amount of chemicals to protect your hot tub pump and other parts as well as the cleanliness of the water.Every three months it’s recommended to empty the water and fill with fresh water. In addition, the water level and filtering in your spa will also affect the hot tub and must be maintained.
Our tips for spa maintenance will provide you with the information you need to carry out basic hot tub maintenance. In this way, the water will remain cleaner longer and your hot tub pump and parts will last longer. For the most part, only a few minutes investment at a time will be required for your hot tub maintenance, ensuring the luxury of a home spa year round.
Before Your Hot Tub Maintenance
Assuming that your hot tub is going to be cleaned and filled for the first time, there are a few spa maintenance tricks that will make the job easier. To begin with, use the right chemicals provided by Dreamspas Limited for cleaning your hot tub, be sure to wipe off any soap residue with wet paper towels or a wet cloth. This will prevent the water in your hot tub foaming up after it is filled, which is harmful to your hot tub pump and can become a real nuisance when the foam rises too high. In fact, bad cases of foam may require you to empty your hot tub and start your spa maintenance over again or use large amounts of foam reducer on a regular basis. When filling your hot tub, be sure to bring the water level to just above the halfway opening of the skimmer. We do not recommend using softened water of any kind for filling the spa due to the difficulty it causes in balancing your water, and possible corrosion issues to the heater. If during spa maintenance you fill the tub too low, the hot tub pump will disengage as a safety measure or you will hear air cavitating down through the skimmer throat. The spa will then stop heating and circulating and may appear to be broken. Therefore, make checking the water level in your hot tub a routine part of your spa maintenance.
Initial Hot Tub Maintenance
First time spa maintenance (for fresh water) includes a few additional steps above and beyond routine hot tub maintenance. The hot tub chemicals below can be added into the hot tub water, while the hot tub is circulating (that is, while the hot tub pump is working).
- Shock. Add 2 oz (2 tablespoons) of Shock for two reasons. Firstly, shock will oxidize organisms killed by the sanitiser which will eliminate any unpleasant odors in your hot tub. Secondly, shock will activate the hot tub chemicals making them act faster.
- Calcium Hardness Increaser. Add 8 oz (8 tablespoons) of Calcium Hardness Increaser. This hot tub chemical will protect your hot tub pump and equipment from corrosion by increasing the hardness of the water.
- Granular Bromine. Add 2 oz (2 tablespoons) of granular bromine to the spa water to kick off the sanitation of your hot tub with proper bromine levels. This will allow you to use your hot tub shortly after the spa maintenance, without risk of sitting in unsafe waters.
- Bromine. Add bromine tablets to your bromine floater. DO NOT place tablets directly into the skimmer basket. This will keep your hot tub water clean. Tip:It's recommended to use a bromine floater as you can then determine how much bromine to release at a time
- Stain & Scale. Add 2 oz (2 tablespoons) of Stain & Scale to your spa water to protect your hot tub pump and equipment by preventing mineral build up.
Tip 01: Keep the hot tub pump working for 30 minutes after your spa maintenance.
Tip 02: Test the quality of the spa waters with hot tub tester strips. The colour patches that appear after dipping in the spa will tell you if you need to add or countermand any of the hot tub chemicals you used.
Weekly Hot Tub Maintenance
This weekly spa maintenance should supplement your bi or tri-weekly spa maintenance discussed below. In this step you will be adding hot tub chemicals to supplement the initial maintenance you performed on the fresh water. These hot tub chemicals should be tossed into the spa while the pump is working and the waters are bubbling.
- Shock. Add 1 oz (1 tablespoon) of non chlorine based Shock to keep the oxidation process going. This will eliminate odors by oxidizing dead organisms. This will also help to keep your hot tub chemicals potent. Tip: For large hot tubs increase the dose to 2 oz (2 tablespoons).
- Stain & Scale. Add 1 oz (1 tablespoon) of Stain & Scale to keep protecting your hot tub pump and equipment from mineral or metal buildup. Tip: For large hot tubs increase the dose to 2 oz (2 tablespoons).
- Bromine/Chlorine. Add Bromine or Chlorine tablets to your floater to keep the spa waters sanitized. (If unit is “Not” ozone equipped). If your spa has an ozonator installed, this step is not necessary.(NEVER MIX Bromine and Chlorine in the same body of water)
Tip 01: Keep the hot tub pump working for 30 minutes after your spa maintenance.
Tip 02: Test the quality of the spa waters with hot tub tester strips. The color patches that appear after dipping in the spa will tell you if you need to add or countermand any of the hot tub chemicals you used.
Bi-Weekly or Tri-Weekly Hot Tub Maintenance
Every two or three days, it is recommended to test the water in your hot tub. Use hot tub strips, the kind you dip in the water. The colour patches will show you exactly which chemicals should be included in your routine spa maintenance.
Based on the results add
- Bromine/Chlorine: Add bromine/Chlorine* tablets to your bromine floater. If the bromine level is too high, reduce the size of the aperture on the floater. If they are too low, increase the size.
- PH up. Depending on the strip test, add 1 or 2 oz (tablespoons) of PH Increaser to raise the PH level in the spa water. This will protect your hot tub pump and equipment from corrosion.
We recommend : Dreamspas Ph Increase – 5Kg
- PH down. Depending on the strip test, add 1 or 2 oz (tablespoons) of PH Decreaser to return the water PH to where it should be.
We recommend : Dreamspas Ph Minus – 7Kg
If alkalinity is low add TA increaser as required if high if low use PH decreaser
Ex Demo Hot Tubs for Sale, Cardiff, Bristol - Dreamspas Ltd
Dreamspas are the fastest-growing and experienced spa retail showrooms in the UK providing unparalleled customer care as you shop for purchasing luxury spas and saunas at affordable prices. We pride ourselves on listening to customers, understanding the situation better and supporting them at our best.
Usually, there are thousands of spas and hot tubs traded every year. We are the best product and service provider in the industry very seriously and we have always been known for our product quality and innovations. Our focus continues to be providing a special offer on Ex-display stock in Dreamspas, we have more than 20 hot tubs for sale to choose from including Rio Grande Swimspa. Limited time offer, Hurry while stock lasts offer ends on 30th November save up to £3,000 on tubs.
Why do you buy an ex demo hot tub or spa? Anyone would like to buy brand-new hot tubs or spas. However, there may be some reasons why you would buy an ex demo hot tub/spa instead of a new one. But we guarantee that you can receive a lot of benefits by purchasing our hot tubs sale. One of the main reasons why people consider ex demo hot tubs has to do with cost. In Dreamspas, you can save £3,000’s over an equivalent new hot tub. If it is your first hot tub then buying an ex demo hot tub from our sale is a great cost-effective way of becoming a hot tub owner. They’ve been on shop floor for a long time so we are giving away at a discounted price. All of our ex-demo products are entirely cleaned, checked inside and out and then carefully tested by our well-trained technicians.
Hot Tub Help For Stressed Exam-Exhausted Teens!
Mercurial tempers and tears.
Exam preparation paralysis.
It’s the sign of exam season for many teenagers and one that the whole family gets to experience. It’s the most stressful part of a teenagers life as so many dreams and aspirations are at the start of the exam process and during the exams there’s stress and anxiety; wondering whether questions were answered correctly, whilst anticipating the next exam in the next subject. Then post exam stress; whether they’ll get a brown envelope in August holding success or disappointment.
Hot Tub Maintenance Basics
Whether you have a wood fired hot tub or a high end hydrotherapy spa you’ll need to look at basic hot tub maintenance to keep your hot tub working perfectly so that you can enjoy the stress-relieving and wellness benefits. Here are 6 top tips on keeping your tub maintained and saving you hundreds of pounds in the process!
Supporting Your Wellbeing with DreamSpas
There are many wellbeing advantages with Spas and saunas such as stress relief, improved blood circulation, hydrotherapy, deep relaxation to name a few, When we discovered for ourselves the positive effects we wanted to promote & offer them to you, our customers, at affordable prices whilst maintaining quality of the product.
Our garden spas enable you to escape the hustle and bustle and create your self-care space where you can immerse yourself in the warm waters and let the hydro-massage lull your tired muscles into deep relaxation. Use the colour changing light to enhance your relaxation with some colour moods. Embrace your senses with aromatic infusions, allowing you to choose your favourite aroma to transport you into your tranquil and serene space. And why not add some restful and inspirational music through to make your sanctuary restful and indulgent?
DreamSpas Launch New Line of Water Care Products
It is essential to keep your hot tub water hygienic by treating it with chemicals and regularly changing your filters, regardless of how long or how frequently you use your hot tub. Correct water treatment will ensure the safety of the hot tub bathers, reduce how often you have to replace the water and also prolong the lifespan of your pump.